Sunday, August 9, 2020

Beyond the 'I'

 Corona has changed our lives in ways unimaginable. The effects are felt by everyone. One of the things is the social lessons of Covid . Sharing a poem reflecting some similar thoughts ...

I will travel

No one can stop me , she said
Then corona came and she had to wait

I cannot sit at home
No one can stop me , she said
Then corona came and she had to be home bound instead

I won't cook
I have a cook she said
Then corona came, her cook left , she had to cook herself

I cannot live in a small house
I need a big house she said
Then corona came- with job cuts forcing her to shift to smaller rentals instead

I will do this
No one can stop me she said
Then corona came forcing her to acknowledge a greater force instead

We do not know what the post corona world looks like
What is the new normal like?
All I know is
Covid , temporarily atleast , reminded people that there is something beyond the 'I'
And if they are wise enough, reminded them it's not too late to drop senseless egos.

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...