Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Aamchi aai tumchi aai veermata jijabai


"Aamchi aai tumchi aai veermata jijabai" is a slogan every VJTI'an chants sometime in his life. VJTI i.e Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute is my alma mater for engineering. But before it became my college, it was my dad's college too. It is the place from where my dad did his engineering too.

This degree gave my dad the academic engineering foundation as well his bread and butter. My dad came to Mumbai with hardly any money in hand but this degree provided him the job to progress in life. Due to this( and my mom's job too), I never had to struggle for basic necessities in life. I had the freedom to pursue my career without worrying about economic necessities.

VJTI is also the reason I met a good friend and now my husband, my life partner.
Before I knew what was IIM, I aspired to study from VJTI as my dad studied from there. Fortunately , I was able to and am grateful to VJTI for the wonderful foundation it provided me.

VJTI for me is truly like my aai, who gave me a lot and my previous generation without expecting anything in return. I am, and will always be , indebted to VJTI for this!

Just wrote this as it crossed my mind as I attended the VJTI alumni meet this Sunday. Ending it again by saying "Aamchi aai, tumchi aai veermata jijabai"

-Dhanashree
P.S in the pic, siddheshs batch is wrongly mentioned as 2008 instead of 2007. apart from us, my dad, my brother, sister in law and father in law are also VJTI alums

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...