Saturday, September 1, 2018

An open letter to Sachin Pilgaonkar

Dear Sachinji

I grew up hearing "Sachin, Sachin.." While the most obvious Sachin was the Tendulkar , we also grew up with a Sachin Pilgaonkar. Who can forget the Sudhir cum Sudha in Ashi hi Banava Banvi. That movie makes us laugh and entertains us even now. I have lost the count of how many times I have watched it. We are awed by your multi-talented personality- acting, direction , singing and dancing.

In Nach Baliye, you and Supriyaji gave us rockstar performances. We had no doubt you would be the winners. Then came the dance contest "Eka Peksha Ek" on Zee Marathi. You proclaimed yourself a Mahaguru. All I knew till then was what a guru means. But Mahaguru, what was that? But we were still ok with that. We sort of got over your self proposed grandiosity.

As much as I hate the "Mahaguru" in you, the artist in you inspires audiences like me.Starting as a child actor and completing more than 50 years in the film industry is no mean feat. My salute to that.

And hence when I wake up to something like a Mumbai Anthem on YouTube, I get worried. As a actor, performer who has had a long career in the industry, what was the motive behind this Mumbai Anthem? What are you exactly trying to convey here? If it's your love for Mumbai, it's really not coming out. I still haven't got the meaning of this anthem. The lady with the revealing clothes and no expressions, a tactic to merely gain video hits or what was that? I don't know.

An artist definitely has the freedom of expression to choose his roles. But audiences expect more from you. We know you have the capability. Hence I still wonder why why this Mumbai Anthem? Is it just for fun "gammat jammat"? We hope not to encounter such "banava banvi" from you again and again.

From--
A girl who grew up with the likes of navri mile navryala ,ashi hi banva banavi

#dsaidso #mumbaianthem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...