Monday, August 10, 2020

My Tribe


She knew I was just a kid aged 5
Knowing not more than playing and doing hi-fi
She ensured I read and write
And gave me the precious gift of time

He knew I was worried about exams
Whether I would do well or screw them
He ensured he gave me his time
And guided me in that phase then

She knew I loved delicious food
She kept it ready and it tasted too good
I couldn't cook then or swiggy it
But she made sure I was fed well atleast

She knew I had no help
And 2 babies to look
Without asking "Should I help"
She got me cooked food

He knew I had a meeting
And no time to do grocery shoppy
Without any ado, he asked me what should I buy for you

In my times of need
Am blessed to find these wonderful people indeed
The gift of god
What more could I ask for
These people are my tribe
And may it grow further in this lifetime

 -Dhanashree


No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...