Sunday, April 7, 2024

Varan bhat

 In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come from a fish-eating family, so usually, we'd have an assortment of fish for a son-in-law. But my husband is vegetarian,and he wanted rice so my mom made varan bhat, koshimbir,chutney and batatyachi bhaji instead. To her surprise, he only ate varan bhat and a little koshimbir and chutney She called me, concerned that he didn't like the bhaji and koshimbir


I explained that he eats varan bhat just like that with no accompaniments. We're used to having bhaji with it, but he doesn't.

I was reminded of it today when I made a simple and easy dinner of just varan bhat accompanied by ready chutney.
It reminded me of how much my food preferences have evolved  in my 11 years of marriage and how I am ok with only varan bhat as dinner sans any accompaniments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...