Thursday, May 17, 2018

Jab I met- Madhuri Dixit

Latepost on occasion of Madhuri Dixit's birthday on 15th May. I had earlier written(http://dsaidso.blogspot.in/2017/09/blog-post.html) in Marathi about this but translating in English, 
Madhuri is my all-time favorite actress. In my childhood , I loved dancing to her song ek do teen. That was the pre-cable era. Our neighbour aaba would get tezaab VCDs just because I wanted to see Madhuri dance. Whenever Madhuri's dances would be aired on programs like Chayageet, Superhit Muqabla , I would be glued to the TV screen to see Madhuri's dances.
My mum was a manager in Air India. During the shooting of Dil to Pagal Hain, she got to meet Madhuri Dixit at the airport. I remember that time I regretted why I was not at the airport that time and how terrible I felt to have not met her.
My grandma used to jokingly ask me ," Is Madhuri some god? What will you do after meeting her?" She used to find my desire to meet her very stupid I think.
It was 2006 March. After college, I was just reaching Matunga station. I was at the temple outside the station when I felt my phone was vibrating. It was Rani Mavshi calling. She said, " Madhuri is here ,come quickly," I could not believe my ears. I immediately took a taxi to reach Dadar Hindu Colony where Madhuri had come. Madhuri 's grandmother- in- law "Damle Bai" used to stay close to my naani's house. So when Madhuri came , she informed my maasi. I reached hindu colony in 5 mins. Madhuri was there along with husband and her 2 sons. The beautiful face, million dollar smile all was in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was speechless. I just said " I am your fan" and left in 5 mins. Those days phones with cameras were not as common hence I do not have a pic with her. But it will be there forever in my memory.
-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...