Thursday, January 24, 2019

National Girl Child Day

Our little 'S' sleeps late in night. The other day both of us were really tired and wanted her to sleep asap. So my husband told her a story. The story had a character named "Kartar Singh".

So he told our little S, "If you stay awake beyond 12 , Kartar Singh will put me in jail. Kartar Singh takes to jail dads of all those girls who stay awake beyond 12"

S- But Dad, doesn't Kartar Singh have a daughter too? She must not be sleeping too. So if she doesn't sleep, will he go to jail too leaving his daughter behind? No right? So he will not put you in jail too.

Again a 3.5 year old has a sense of justice and fairness. The thought process is so logical.She truly understands the meaning of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

If we treat daughters as human beings on the same terms as sons,
If we realise that some other girl there is someone else's daughter too
And she deserves to be treated atleast as equally as your daughter too
The world would see more equality and peace

-Dhanashree

#nationalgirlchildday
#mydaughterismyteacher
#equality
#dsaidso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...