Friday, January 11, 2019

The Good Samaritan


Last week I went to INOX Nakshatra, Dadar to book tickets for the marathi movie Bhai- Vyakti ki valli. I had 2 movie vouchers which could be redeemed for movie tickets. I handed those two vouchers at the counter. The fellow at the counter handed me my tickets and I left. Just as I reached home, I realized that one voucher was enough to cover the cost of 2 tickets. There was no need to give 2 vouchers.

I called up INOX Nakshatra to explain them my situation and to check if there was any way I could get one voucher back. The person on the phone told me he will check and get back to me on my mobile number.
He called me back within 10 minutes, told me he's got the one extra voucher . He kept it in a envelope with the security. He told me to tell the security his name( Deepak Gaikwad) and collect the envelope back when I can. In the evening the envelope was readily available with the security.

In an age where big companies  pay attention only when you tweet the complaint on twitter, this prompt action by Deepak Gaikwad restores some of my faith in good natured and helping people.

-Dhanashree
#dsaidso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...