Monday, August 6, 2018

Meeting Sayali, Sayalee and Hope!





Sayali/Sayalee/Sailie is my favourite name. Little did I know, or coincidence as it may be called, I generally get along well with people of that name. Sayali Rajadhyaksha is a food and lifestyle blogger that I follow. Her recipes on "Anna hech purnabrahma" (https://shecooksathome.wordpress.com) are amazing. Her writing styling is conversational. Her lifestyle blog - saree and other stories has a lot of stories about saree, jewellery and travel. Through one of her posts, I came to know about a silver jewellery brand named aadyaa. Aadyaa is a silver jewellery brand by Sayalee Marathe. One of the interesting things I bought on aadyaa.com is a silver hope ring. 

This weekend Sayali and Sayalee organized a saree and jewellery exhibition at Cache Art Gallery, Bandra. I had bought one saree last time and it was amazing. Even if I didn't buy, looking at the collection is a treat to the eyes if you love saree and jewellery. I also had to a Poetry event in the nearby so I could do both these things in one trip.

Aadyaa hope ring inspires me- so why not make a poetry on hope on the day I meet the designer of this hope ring. So this is what hope means , talking from the point of view of a person of who has been rendered on a wheelchair due to a strong viral infection

What hope means to me-
I thought I should give up
Things wouldn't work out they said
Somewhere a force said "Go ahead dear , All will be well"

"You will never be able to walk" the doctor said
I sulked and cried uncontrollably that moment
But no I can't give up so easy,my inner force said
I will continue my physio and do all what it takes to get up on my feet and walk ahead
Every moment that I thought of giving up,the next moment my inner voice said "Don't"

That is hope I think 
The inner voice that tells you to go ahead and walk freely 
That hope is the positive amidst all negatives
When hope is lost all is lost
Don't give up on hope dear
Hold on a bit, hope and work towards a better future

Sharing some pictures with Sayali and Sayalee.. I was so mesmerized looking at the collection that I missed taking pictures of the same.

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remembering Mehendale Kaka

 Mehendale kaka It was last Friday – I was travelling from work and I get a call from Baba – “Pradnya che baba - Mehendale kaka” passed away...