Saturday, December 15, 2018

Chai Vai Pyaar Vyaar


"Let me make tea for you" Mr said while he was yet-to-become-my-hubby-and-still-in-the-boyfriend state.
"Oh wow, you can make tea", I exclaimed at his sweet gesture.
This was one of our first meetings at his home.

The tea Mr made was masala tea and had a lot of milk. Certainly not my kind. But you know it had 'pyaar'...My 'dhak dhak dil' accepted that milk tea as my kind of tea and drank it happily. Tea is my first love and when my love made it , I fell for him even more.This meeting made one thing very clear to me- Mr likes Milk tea, the tea which smells more like milk than like tea.

When I made the first tea post marriage , it was milk tea. I was the nayi dulhan trying to fit in the family which was my family now. Husband still felt it was not perfect. I was not able to have it, coz it was not my kind and the initial pyaar vyaar was now replaced by ghar-baar.

In the past 5.5 years of marriage, I have made various kinds of tea. Tea with only water initially and then milk poured at end. Tea with milk and water 50-50 . Tea with only milk. Obviously in all these variants , sugar and tea powder are added either at end or in between. My husband still feels I can't make the perfect milk tea.
He vouches and craves for the other amazing and yummy dishes I make like farali misal, ragi poori and many more. But tea , no. Maybe my making my husband's tea is not my cup of tea.

Its our anniversary day. Mr and I due to our work commitments are tired and not able to plan anything big. As soon as I wake up, I see a tea cup in front of me. My kind of dark colored tea. This is what 5 years of marriage does maybe. Ek chai , patni ke naam...;)

My earlier poetry on tea here http://dsaidso.blogspot.com/2018/07/my-daily-date.html?m=1

#internationalteaday
#tealoverforever
#chai

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...