Monday, December 17, 2018

The Travelling Dad


My husband travels pretty frequently for work. For a lot of people, travel is glamorous. But what would a person like my husband who travels frequently feel? How is it for him to be away from family? Trying to pen those feeling in my words. Any frequent flyer can relate to this. As I wrote this, I remembered Salil Kulkarni and Sandeep Khare's Marathi composition "Damlelya babachi kahani" . This song had tried to pen down similar emotions in a very very beautiful manner.

Boarding at gate 1C the lady called out
Between arrivals and departures my life moved about
You are upgarded to business, the air hostess said
Should I be happy or sad , my mind wondered instead

"Darling calling", my phone rang
"Dad, tell me the bus story", my little darling sang
" About to take off" I said sadly
"Love you beta, we'll speak tomorrow" I said convincingly

When will this flying end? I thought
My little one is growing too fast , will time wait for my story to begin
Why am I doing this, is it even worth it?
Tired and famished, I fell asleep that moment

In this cycle of life, time passes faster than I can imagine
How many stories should I miss telling I don't even want to imagine
Somewhere I need to slow down,my heart tells
But when opportunities come, head takes over instead
Between head and heart is a tough choice
I only wish my two darlings( read-wife and daughter) are happy with whatever is that choice

-Dhanashree







No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...