Sunday, December 9, 2018

Why did I marry you?


" Why did I even marry you?" he asked after one of our fights.
"Even I don't know why did I marry you", I said in anger
" You just don't understand me", he said
"Sometimes even I need to be understood", I continued

We decided we will not talk to each other. Maybe we were talking too much, expecting too much. Maybe we need to give ourselves a break. Luckily we got it as he went on an official tour for the next 2 days.

" I miss you. Why do we even fight?" he said over whatsapp. Mind you, we were still not talking but texting.
" I don't know , maybe that's how its meant to be" I replied
" I am tired and miss you baby , See you tomorrow. "

I was in the - part of me loves him and part of me is angry with him emotion. Anyways it was late in night. Without thinking too much, I decided to go to sleep.

It was 8 pm and Mr. was supposed to come at 9. My maid had made thalipeeths. He doesn't like them at all I knew. Still in my confused love anger emotion, made his favourite wheat rava dosa, pomegranate juice and dal rice. Served him and continued my lying down- relaxing and book reading ritual.

" How are you feeling? " he asked as he came and gave me a foot massage
"Very relaxing"

" We love each other so much why do we even fight?" he asked
" Because I want a foot massage" I laughed
" No because I want my favourite dinner daily" he continued laughing

Maybe in the mundane or too competitive world, our fight drama and then making up keeps us going. That madness , love , friendship, anger keeps us alive. And that's certainly why I married Mr.

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...