Saturday, March 24, 2018

My sleep love

16 March 2018 was world sleep day. Initially I did not know that a day like this exists. Then I realised that it’s purpose is -“World Sleep Day® is designed to raise awareness of sleep as a human privilege that is often compromised by the habits of modern life.”
I just love to sleep. Right since childhood I would sleep around 10 -11 pm. I also love afternoon sleep on holidays . But since last almost a year, I have been sleeping late due to my daughter’s late sleep. Penning a short poetry on my sleep love which sort of succinctly summarises my thoughts!
Love is blind
When your eyes are closed what will you find
Sleep is my first love thank god it’s blind
Without sound sleep how will I have a healthy body and mind
Sleeping at 10 pm was the norm
Neither a movie or party could change it at all along
Suddenly an angel came and grew up fast
Afternoons were her nights and nights her days at last
When will I sleep I wondered
Some questions have no immediate solutions, time is the best answer
-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...