Sunday, March 4, 2018

"Inclusion" in the real sense

In Nov 2014, just before Accenture's deciding recruitment interview, my husband said," There is no way Accenture can recruit you when you are 4 months pregnant!" But I prepared well and gave my best shot at the Interview. At the end of the interview, I considered it my professional duty to tell the Interviewer(Arup Sinha- my practice head) that I am pregnant, and I was expecting disappointment on his face. Instead, he came up with a reaction that got imprinted in my head as a symbol of Accenture's core values. He said "Accenture respects women at the workplace and your current physical condition will have no bearing whether we make you an offer or not" And 48 hrs later,
I got the offer.

I had written the following poetry for my experience during the Accenture recruitment process.. Sharing it with you all!

Mid of November 2014 it was
A professional and a to be mother got a call

"We are from Accenture " said the voice
"Can you come for a discussion tomorrow" make your choice

" Why will they recruit a pregnant me? " said my inner voice
"Do not think negative" said my hubby and rejoiced

Suited , booted and ready for the day
Went for the discussion , entered from the doorway

Risk management talks took the time
The lively discussion had no downtime

"We will let you know the outcome" said Arup
"I want to let you know I am pregnant " said my anxious voice

"We do not discriminate, merit only matters" Arup reassured
2 days later, I got my offer and was rest assured

Diversity and inclusion are not only lip-service
"Actions speak louder than words" is the real deal

Accenture walked the talk is the real thing
Work and family , you can manage everything

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...