Sunday, August 26, 2018

Bhaiyyas and the Rakhi ka bandhan



I was 9 pm in the night. I was returning from my classes. I was very tired and feeling giddy as I walked. I just sat down outside a shop as I wasn't able to walk further. A noble person offered me water and some food. I was so not well that I just took it without thinking who he was. I felt better and he offered me to drop home. My normal mind would been wary taking a drop from a stranger. But I was so weak and not able to think that I accepted his offer to drop me. I reached home safely.

2 years later, I was on a Konkan trip. I came to know about a person named Ram who helped underprivileged girls. Ram was a young guy in his early twenties and I always thought if there is more to this than just plain donations. Plus his economic background did not seem great enough to start charity. On delving further,  I got to know that Ram had lost his sister in an accident a few years ago. This help, by donations or counselling was his way of helping the sisters of the world.

The point I want to drive home here is, there are good men in this world,  who act like brothers to women in need. This by no means indicates that it is safe to take drop from strangers in the night or all donations have noble intent. But in the age where negativity sells , or where extreme news makes media money, I thought I should also share  positivity that I saw around.
We need to strike a balance between caution and trust. And I think this is the message on this Raksha  bandhan. Maybe reading and spreading this message gets us closer to what we said in our pledge" all Indians are my brothers and sisters "(except one )

Happy Raksha Bandhan all!

#HappyRakshaBandhan
#the_power_of_positive_thinking
#spreading_love_and_hope

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...