Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Shubh Muhurat


Thanks to the traffic scene these days, there is no exact time that I reach home daily. There is a bare minimum of standard deviation of + or - 20 mins from the mean time I reach daily.

 My daughter S who is seeking my attention and waiting for me to reach home is all excited about me coming in. So then we chat, we play. Then in the hope that she will be quiet when she is well fed, I feed her dinner.

The stage is all set for me to have dinner. I get my plate.

Just as I start eating,  S says "Mumma , diaper, I want to do potty"

Ok not so great timing, I think. To avoid further trouble for myself, I immediately put on her diaper. I again start to eat.

 Before I finish , she has finished her potty.
Up comes her voice, " Mumma I am done, please change the diaper"

Uffff....
No matter how much standard deviation may exist in my arrival times at home, or my dinner time, S's  potty time just has one shubh Muhurat. That's my dinner time- no matter what time I have my dinner :)

My mind goes into flashback mode -
MBA job interview scene - Where do you see yourself 5 years hence?

Me (then)- Learn, take more responsibility  blah blah

Me (now) - Trying to maintain my sanity while being super hungry, yet prioritising diaper changing while having dinner :) , and doing this daily over and over again.

#the_kid_pee_poo_saga
#dsaidso #yetanothermumstory #justanothermumstory

-Dhanashree
Https://dsaidso.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...