Friday, September 14, 2018

The 'Divine Interventions'


During the Ganapati celebrations in our
 house, we have some activity in the night. The theme for this time was "Tell us one incident where you experienced divine intervention"
Does God exist? I don't know. All I know is that I find comfort in knowing that there is someone over us , a belief in a higher power helps. That higher power for me is God..I do pray , recite some stotras daily.
My mom, dad are very religious. They are very particular about puja, the rituals etc. I am not that types.All I know is be honest, be kind, do your job well and God will help you. "God helps those who help themselves" is my firm belief.
Sometimes, when things don't go well, especially when there are things like sickness/death in the house, I wonder why did God do this to me? Is this fair, where is God now? These thoughts haunt me. In situations like these, a God like figure arrives to ease the pain. He may be a doctor, a family member , a well wisher, someone who understands you and stands by you patiently. He is the one who tells you that there is hope.
I have been fortunate enough to meet God-like people in my life. The ones who helped me in situations where I was stuck, the ones who lifted my spirits when I was down. The ones who I can run to anytime and who will leave everything and run to help me. The ones who restored my faith in humanity after a bad experience with people. I have been lucky enough to meet such good, helpful and genuine people in my life. It would be too difficult for me to classify any incident as 'Divine Intervention' . But the fact is that in my experience , in my toughest of the situations, people have stood up by me and that for me is the Divine Intervention.
Ganapati Bappa Moraya!

-Dhanashree
https://dsaidso.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...