Thursday, September 27, 2018

The travel called life


She travelled. She travelled through adversities and challenges. She raised her five children in challenging financial conditions. First 60 years of her life, she lived in a small taluka in Konkan region. Then she travelled again. She travelled to the city of dreams to let her children fulfill their dreams. She travelled from using a stove to a gas. She travelled from a standalone house in our native to a one room with a common toilet in Mumbai. She raised her grandchildren in Mumbai. She longed to travel to native sometimes. But she held back because her children and  grandchildren needed her.
 She was busy. She didn't click any pictures of her travel..Because they were too many to be clicked..What would she click?
-That she travelled with us every single day as we went through our routine
-That she travelled through our lunch times, tea times and what not
-That she made us and taught us the importance of eating healthy food and lots of veggies
-That she travelled only at home so that my mom could peacefully work without worrying about us
-That she travelled and while this travel didn't care about what challenges lie ahead
- That she made us realise importance of studies and hardworking
-That she taught us nothing is impossible

This list is endless...
She was not a part of senior citizens group. She did no job  post retirement. She didn't visit 'n' countries . She did not venture out of my state.
All she did is she travelled with us. Through our childhood till college. She raised us every single day. She was so busy in this travel that she did even tell anyone how much she did.
You know what, she is my dear 'aaji'. My grandma...
She passed away long ago in 2006... But there is not a day when I don't miss her. She passed on her values to her children and they did the same for me. Travel when I needed them for me.
On the occasion of #WorldTourismDay, heres my salute to all aajis, aai,baba mavshis, and atyas who travelled with their family as they moved on in a journey called life. They didn't tick checklists , bucket lists. All they did is travel- travel not only in good but also in tough times .

#travel #life #WorldTourismDay
-Dhanashree
https://dsaidso.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...