Saturday, September 15, 2018

Lehman Day

#LehmanDay

This day , that time, 10 years ago to be precise.
15th September 2008- The day when Lehman Brothers ( the first firm I ever worked for) went bankrupt
Still remember---
How the week preceding that we had meetings convincing us that "All izz well" and things would work out
How we saw the downward spiral of the Lehman stock- from 17 dollars(1 week prior) to 4 dollars to bankrupt...
How we searched subprime mortgage crisis and CDOs and tried to make sense of what that all meant
How on the morning of 15th September the words Lehman and Bankruptcy flashed together as headlines
How  we entered office wondering if our swipes would work
How while waiting for a scheduled training, we tried to make sense of Chapter 11 bankruptcy and its impact on our jobs
Still find this totally unbelievable.....

But as time moves on ,so does life.
Ten years and now into my 4th job post engg, all I know is time changes a lot of things.10 years ago, I didn't know how my career would look like post bankruptcy, didn't know what it meant actually. But 10 years is a lot of time for things to take shape and some times all you need is just time.

Sometimes or maybe most of the times it just helps to wait , work and watch!

My previous post on Lehman here -http://dsaidso.blogspot.com/2018/06/10-years-since-lehman.html?m=1

-dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...