Saturday, September 15, 2018

Jab I met Shahrukh Khan


"Is it really true?" I thought. "Am I really meeting SRK?" But yes it was true. I got to meet SRK and witness the shoot of BYJUs latest ad thanks to my husband. SRK was literally not even 100 metres away from me during the shooting. But given the rules and the silence that is to be maintained, we were not allowed to meet him during the shooting. We could just watch from a distance. I spent almost 8 hours at the recording studio. Of which watching Shahrukh was hardly for a few hrs. Rest of the time being spent in SRK getting ready and makeup for the various looks. Even in that little time, SRK was a true entertainer. Watching a take and retake of the same ad multiple times was enjoyable only due to Shahrukh.
Finally the moment came.  As Gauri Shinde announced "Pack up", SRK proceeded to move out. The people around (mostly from BYJUs) who were watching him from a distance thronged him. People had got DDLJ posters to get his autograph and all. His bodyguards tried to keep people away as they circled around him. I had a notebook in my hand which contained a collection of my poems in 3 languages written for him. The bodyguards thought I was taking his autograph and wanted to drive me away. I just managed a minute to talk to him and told him this is my gift of multilingual poems for him. He opened the notebook, saw my name there and asked "Dhanashree, can I take this?" I still find this absolutely unbelievable. I didn't tell him my name, he opened the notebook while his bodyguards shooed me away, and thanked me. And just in that moment, my husband managed to click a pic. I did not have the time to buy a fancy greeting card, or a fancy notebook, all I had is good content in my usual notebook. That I could give it to SRK and receive his thanks is something I will remember for a lifetime. The collection of my poems for SRK is as follows -

मन्नत

एक मन्नत मांगी थी खुदा से मैने
कभी मन्नत में रेहनेवाले बादशाह से मिला हमें

कहा खुदा ने थोडा सब्र करो
परदेस के मॅडम tussads वाले बादशहा से पहले मिलो

एक wax statue को बस हम देख सकते हैं
SRK बनने  का फॉर्म्युला थोडी पूछ सकते हैं

'कभी ख़ुशी कभी गम ' मे वक्त निकल गया
' चलते चलते ' एक 'चमत्कार ' हो  गया

बडे बडे शहरो  मे छोटी छोटी बाते होती हैं
 और कभी छोटे छोटे लोगों की बडी बडी ख्वाईशें पूरी होती हैं
हम एक बार जीते हैं एक बार मरते हैं और एक बार King Khan से मिलने  की तमन्ना रखते  हैं

बॉलीवूड के बादशाह से मिलने का मौका आया
एक दिन हम उनसे मिल पायेंगे
ये मैने  सोचा न था
मैने सोचा न था

Leadership
To imagine, To dream, To believe
To change ways and embrace the new
To be unafraid and not fear failure
To be passionate about goals, far and near

To inspire the team to move ahead
And be welcoming and inclusive of ideas that come ahead
Having the diligence to execute
And striking a balance between delegation and 'know it all' attitude

To have a plan to achieve the team goals
And yet accept the uncertainties that come in due course
Let the goals not be limiting
But be the milestones to achieve higher

This is what Leadership is all about
As per IIMBUEspeech by SRK , " naam toh suna hi Hoga"

[This poem is based on Shahrukh khan's speech at IIMBUE, the IIMB leadership summit]

Life Lessons

If you want to do something, do it really well
Put in your full effort, do with full JOSH, SRK tells

Maybe put in a bit of madness to your efforts
Taking your aberrations along, be a 'Deewana' of reaching your destination

Maybe  you may fail,sometimes life may be bad
Have faith, have hope
Continue your efforts, you will get the 'Chamatkaar' results in due course

Let 'fear' not intimidate you
Let 'failures' not deter you
The real 'Baazigar' wins even after failures
Chooses not to be held back by his 'Darr' here

It's ok to be confused
It's ok to be worried
"Kabhi Haa, Kabhi Na"
Let life move at its own pace

In all this, be kind, try helping others
Do everything 'Dil Se' spread love to others

Take happiness and sadness in its ephemeral spirit
Live in the present, because you know 'Kal Ho Naa Ho'

Everything will eventually be ok in the end
If it's not ok, it's not the end
Because ' Picture abhi baaki hain doston'

[ Above poem based on Shahrukh Khan's speech at University of Edinburgh]



From your 'Fan'

I thought it was a 'Chamatkaar'
Am I really meeting 'King Khan'?

The 'Deewana' we grew up seeing
Or the 'Baazigar' we watched as kids

The epitome of acting excellence
The Badshaah of Bollywood

Who spans across generations
From 'Ye kaali kaali aankhen' to 'Lungi Dance' hereto

Absolutely thrilled to meet you
My name is Dhanashree, and I am your 'Fan,'
Bas Aapne naam Nahi suna Hoga..


कोण आहे शाहरुख?

कोण आहे शाहरुख, लेकीने मला विचारलं
तो लुंगी डान्स करतो तोच काय गं , तिने खात्री करु घेतलं

 तो  टी . व्ही . वर पिक्चर मध्ये कसा येतो ? हा तिचा पुढचा प्रश्न
त्याचं ऑफिस तेच का , हे तिचं न संपणारं विचारणं

३ वर्षाच्या लेकीला अजून काय सांगावं
' किंग खान ' किंवा 'बादशाह' म्हणजे काय , हे तिला कस उमगाव

शाहरुख म्हणजे खूप अभ्यासू विद्यार्थी
acting आणि   dance यांचा सतत अभ्यास करणारा निश्चयी आणि मेहनती विद्यार्थी

प्रत्येक चित्रपटात त्याचा जोमाने परफॉर्मन्स देणं
प्रेक्षकांना आनंदी करणं हाच त्याचा एकाची धर्म

हसत खेळत जगावे, हाच त्याचा मंत्र
"जिंदगी नफरत के लिये बहुत कम  होती हैं ", हाच त्याचा कानमंत्र

शाहरुख म्हणजे  शाहरुख म्हणजे शाहरुख आहे
त्याच्या कर्तृत्वामुळे तो बॉलीवूडचा सुपरस्टार आहे

-Dhanashree Joglekar
https://dsaidso.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...