Friday, October 5, 2018

World Smile Day

I have been undergoing root canal treatment since the last 10 days..I defer my visits to the dentist as much as possible. I mean who likes going to the dentist anyways?  But what needs to be done , needs to be done anyways. So , very hesitantly and scared to  show my tooth, I anyways showed up at the dentist's. And thus began  as what they are called my dental sittings.  The time period from when I enter the dentist's clinic till the treatment gets done seems like eternity to me. I try to pass off the waiting time by reading mostly. But the very thought of sitting on the dental chair in the next 30 mins stresses me off so much that I wish it would pass off soonest.
So the other day, I met an acquaintance at the clinic. The first thing she told me was that she likes my writings and looks forward to reading my posts. Then she told me what she had liked in my blog. Some of those things were a year old. Still she remembered and mentioned them.
We were discussing and by that time it was my turn for my treatment. Time had passed off really fast. Small things like this really make me smile and make my day.
 Forever in gratitude for well wishers like this.

#WorldSmileDay #dsaidso

-Dhanashree
My earlier poem on Dentist's here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...