Friday, November 3, 2017

"Straight " talk

A short poetry on sugarcoated talk versus straightforward talk

I have a mouth that speaks
Straight words without any tweaks

Everything I say is not to sell
Speaking straight is better than email

Sugarcoating sentences is certainly not my thing
"Direct speech " over "indirect speech" defines my being

Everything I say is not meant for the likes
My only hope is that the intent of the talk strikes

I can easily say no and refuse a task
Instead of perpetually postponing and getting many asks

Negative to positive is not my style
Speaking straight has taken me miles

- Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...