Sunday, November 19, 2017

Gender equality

A short poetry on the occasion of international men's day today

Men-women equality, we talk about it daily
It all starts at home is the true story

Boys and girls should be treated equally
Who'all do the dishes? Should not be assumed already

Equality should not be forced, it should not be imposed
It should come from within not explicitly proposed

"Ladkiwale hain" should never put down anyone
Let's not forget wedding is the responsibility of two families and not the girl's alone
Mindsets should change, progress should be made
Forgetting this Ladka- Ladki division should be done rather than said

What's equality , it's not exactly a division of tasks
It's an goal towards Optimization , does not have many asks

Raising daughter's like son's or son's like daughter's
On this international men's day, let's strive for both and make this world better.

Wishing all men on my friends list a very happy international men's day.

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...