Monday, November 13, 2017

I am.. my daughter's mum

Natasha Badhwar recently released her book 'My Daughter's Mum" , it's a collection of her essays written over the years. I am yet to read the book, though I have read some of her essays published in livemint. As a mother to a 2.5 year old daughter, I instantly connected to the title of the book. A short poetry on the same.
A cute little girl wakes up in the morning
"Where's my mum" she's confirming
My little one does this daily
I am.. my daughter's mum she reminded me already
"When you will be back?" Her little voice asks
" Soon my dear, after finishing all my tasks"
A bad or a good day at office doesn't matter
I am .. my daughter's mum and we chatter
"Where's my poha ? Make it fast"
My little boss at home has a lot of asks
She wants my nail paint, She wants my lipstick
Crying to get them, is her usual trick
Her big tight hug is all I need
I am.. and will always be..my daughter's mum indeed!
-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...