Sunday, February 4, 2018

The "Parenting" Globe


In MBA , we had a course called as Business, Government and Society. We had a lot of reading material for that course and we hardly had any time or motivation ( not a high priority course for most people) to study the same. Hence we used to do what we called as "Globe" or "Globing". It essentially means going round and round or in any direction and writing something around that subject , even though it might be remotely related to the question. The ultimate goal was to finish the paper by doing some globe. Once I finished my MBA, I thought that level of globe was over. But parenting proved me wrong. Every night as I narrrate some of the randomest stories to my daughter, I globe. I talk gibberish sometimes,but I need to talk till she sleeps. Our stories range from why kids are not allowed in office to how  a dog came in the office to how my office taps internet usage and does not allow me to play YouTube. My husbands stories to her feature a range of colourful buses that deliver specific food items. And yes our stories sometimes lose the track so badly basis how sleepy we are. In the end I realise I still globe .. I globe till my daughter sleeps:)

Robert Frost had said -
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep.

I rephrase it to--
But Tomorrow I have office to reach
And stories to tell before I sleep
And hence I globe before I sleep
- Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...