Friday, September 8, 2017

A little ambitious girl!

Nirmala Sitharaman became India's woman defence minister. Don't know if we really need to know if the defence minister is a man or a woman. Don't know if woman being a defence minister in 21st century is a sign of progress or lots to do. All I know is even in 21st century there are women who have to answer the question" how will you manage both home and work?"
Penning a poetry of a little ambitious girl who aimed for an equal world and was fraught with different experiences.

Not so long ago, a baby was born
Adored by everyone, she was her parents' first-born
Slowly school started , books came along
What will she do, will she be Neil Armstrong?
"I am a free bird", said the girl carefree
Learning is a journey, let me play the spelling bee
Girl or boy, doesn't matter at all
You can achieve anything big or small
She topped her college, praises came along
"Proud of you girl, please be strong"
A few years later, Prince Charming came along
Promised to stay with her lifelong
"Working or homemaker " make a choice,
"I can do both" said her strong voice
The married girl had a baby
Soon her schedules became crazy
"Who will be the caregiver" asked a nosy Aunty
"Will you quit your job?" asked another Monty
Have we progressed? , wondered the new mommy
Whom do I lean on, was the question haunting
Some questions have no answers, assured her sister,
No matter what happens, she promised to make this world more equal for her daughter
-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...