Sunday, July 16, 2017

Kid food


What to get your kids to eat? Is a question faced by all parents and caregivers. Ensuring that kids get nutritious food is something that every parent wants. Apart from breakfast and meal times, we need some interesting snack options. 
My aunt gave me homemade Khakra the other day. Her neighbours had made it and she gave some to me. My daughter liked it. So I thought let's try to make it. So I looked up some Khakra recipes and videos from the net. Finally zeroed in this on this nachni Khakra recipe from Tarla Dalal. https://m.tarladalal.com/Nachni-Sesame-Khakhra-(-Iron-and-C…
Nachni is highly nutritious . Hence this a yummy nutritional snack. It is not that difficult to make. But since Khakras need to be made on a low gas flame, making each Khakra will take long. So I suggest that you use that time to cook something else on the other gas as well. So I had rice cooker on one gas and vegetable on other. I also did some other chores like arranging vessels etc. This parallel processing of tasks ensures that time is optimally utilised. The khakaras could have been more thinner and crispier in my opinion. But this was my first attempt so hopefully they will be thinner next time. Taste wise they turned out perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...