Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Paratha Story #NaPoWriMo2018 Day17

My poem for #NaPoWriMo day 17 using this prompt “Our prompt for the day (optional as always) follows Gowrishankar’s suggestion that we write a poem re-telling a family anecdote that has stuck with you over time. It could be the story of the time your Uncle Louis caught a home run ball, the time your Cousin May accidentally brought home a coyote and gave it a bath, thinking it was a stray dog, or something “

Sharing an anecdote which I heard from my aunt. My mom had many uncles - it’s a story about 2 of them Bhau Kaka and Datta kaka. The poetry suggests what happens when Datta kaka eats Bhau Kaka made parathas. Read on—

Eat only as much as you can digest
Always check your appetite I suggest

Parathas are yum , home made ones are the more tempting even
Bhau Kaka the expert made dilliwale parathe even yummier

“One more please” said Datta Kaka
Round shaped parathas entered in stomach with aloo and Atta

The tongue lost its control
Bhau Kaka’s divine taste magic was on a roll

Suddenly Datta Kaka had to stop
Eating parathas cost his stomach a lot
Natures call he had to answer
Anything in Moderation is always good was the lesson

Remembering this anecdote later
The whole family still bursts in laughter many years after 

- Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...