Saturday, April 28, 2018

Gone are the days.....#NaPoWriMo2018 Day28

I was born in the mid 1980s. My todays poetry for NaPoWriMo is a trip back to that memory lane...

Gone are the days when I used to long for a Amul vanilla ice cream
And when going to an IIM was a dream

Gone are the days when I used to sleep in my granny’s lap
And when  I used to talk any nonsense

Gone are the days when I longed for a geometry box
And waited for a Superhit Muqabla favourite song

Gone are the days of a Pepsi cola
And of roohhafza and rol- a- cola

Gone are the days when there were simpler times
When we played songs and sang nursery rhymes 

Those were the days gone are the days
Leaving behind memories and nostalgia stays

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...