Monday, April 16, 2018

On becoming a mother.. #NaPoWriMo2018 Day16

My poetry for #NaPoWriMo on motherhood

Around 3 years ago I got promoted
It’s a girl was the message and I was elated

Those tiny little feet and hands
And those cat coloured eyes
They had an unusual charm
Made me forget my delivery pain alright

When will she speak, when will she walk
We all waited for her to talk
Time as you know passes fast
My little one now talks so much , you might feel lost

Mumma I love you she says always
Wants to sleep hugging me tight anyways

“You will know this when you become a mom” my mom used to say
“I know it now, what it means to have your heart in other body anyways”

Motherhood is not a role it’s not only giving birth

It’s a feeling which is unexplained in any words 

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...