Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Mumbai Trains #NaPoWriMo2018 Day4

My poem on Mumbai trains for #NaPoWriMo day4

Will I get the 7:58? Or the 8:08?
My mind wondered as the auto waited

With a bag in one hand , I took the stairs
Reached just in time for the 7:58 there

Passing through the crowd and securing a place to stand
Went to the side where I had to land

What am I talking about you may think
It’s about none other than the mumbai lifeline the train

A place which brings together people from the 20s and the 50s
From different professions and backgrounds
All concerned about one thing getting down and reaching on time

Some people reading in train some people knitting
Someone  checking papers someone sleeping
Someone talking someone waiting for a seat
Someone anxious someone happy 
There are all kinds of people there from nice to crappy

Whatever it maybe if you are in mumbai
Take the train atleast once 
It’s the lifeline that runs mumbai
Used by students and professionals alike 

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...