Monday, April 23, 2018

The Reading Attitude.. #NaPoWriMo2018 Day23

It’s World Book day today.As per Wikipedia “ World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day (also known as International Day of the Book or World Book Days) is a yearly event on April 23rd, organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), to promote reading, publishing and copyright.” My poetry for #NaPoWriMo Day23 on the occasion of #WorldBookDay . I talk about how books enrich us with experiences of different authors. I also talk about how reading is an attitude and a passion.

The Reading attitude...

One day you are in Australia the next day in Poland
How, you may wonder?  Books take you to different wonderland

Read the experiences and learn from them
There is a treasure of wisdom written by a lot of wise men and women

Reading as a habit is always good
Continuous learning it imparts as it should

There is no time to read , I hear someone say
Time is to be found for it everyday
Read while travelling, read for atleast 15 mins
All this is doable , sky is the limit

Books are expensive is never a deterrent to read
There are ways to pursue reading even in days of monetary need
Join a library, borrow from friends
Hobbies will find a way to get your time always

Reading doesn’t mean only joining a library
Reading doesn’t mean only buying books
Reading is an attitude
It is the attitude to get a book and find time to read irrespective of your social economic standing

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...