Thursday, April 5, 2018

My watermelon dhondas poetry #NaPoWriMo2018 Day5

Mrinmayee Ranade from a facebook food group that I am a part of (Angat Pangat) recently shared a watermelon dhondas recipe. It basically consists of grating watermelon white(which is quite nutritious but otherwise thrown away) , and adding equal measure of rawa and jaggery. Then keeping it aside and steaming it. This easy yet nutritious recipe was tried by a lot of members in the group. Thinking about it I made a poetry on the same. Sharing it--

Who doesn’t love desserts  I ask
Finding such people is not an easy task

I look at a sweet and then myself in mirror
 I don’t want to gain weight by eating it here

Sugar is the weight loss enemy clear
How can you forget our jaggery dear

Use a watermelon white , Jaggery and rava
Steam it in the cooker no need of a tava
A dessert fluffy and nutritious is ready for you to eat
It finishes quickly leaving you waiting for another treat
Dhondas it is called , you may call it cake
Finish it fast else someone else will take

Add a bit of variations to the recipe
Share your dhondas story , inspiration to cook it will be

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...