Friday, April 27, 2018

Accepting Difference #NaPoWriMo2018 Day27

My poetry for #NaPoWriMo Day27
I just finished reading Dear Ijeawele which contains 15 suggestions for how to empower a daughter to become a strong independent woman. The fifteenth suggestion in the book is about accepting differences and equipping her to survive in a diverse world.
A poetry based on the chapter 15.

Difference is normal
It’s ok to be different
Not to prove you are different
But to accept you are different

Someone is a single mommy
Someone is gay
Someone likes to read
Someone likes to travel

Let your standards not define what others should do
Let people live their way as long they don’t trouble you
Independence is both ways
For you and others
Let’s not impose what you want on others
Everyone has a way of life
Let them have it their way
Lets not have opinions based on double standards
But be full of humane approach anyways

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...