Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Dentist dream #NaPoWriMo2018 Day14

My poem for #NaPoWriMo day 14

The dentist dream

A big chair with a camera at the top
That means you are at the dentists and he’s doing his job

He looks at my teeth and says root canal
Thinking of it makes me go sad

I go for one toothache and he sees others are bad
My visits to the dentist are driving me mad
Do I pay you to give me pain?
I ask
I am preventing further decay, he says that’s my task

Cement, filling, canal, implant is what I hear
Am I some construction piece? , the pain gives me tears

I only bear this to be able to eat
Food is my first love that nothing can beat
“Wake up” I hear my mums voice
“ Husssh!!  “All this was just a dream and now I rejoice

-Dhanashree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varan bhat

  In the first month of our marriage, my husband visited my mom's for dinner. I wasn't joining, so my mom asked what to make. I come...